Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October!

It's already October! September went by so quickly and I am definitely back into the full swing of school. So far my junior year seems like it is on its way to being one of my favorites. I have some really exciting classes such as AP US History with the infamous Mr. Housley, biology (we got to dissect a pig!), and ethics. This month so far has been filled with college visits and test prep. Now that I have reached my junior year, it's finally time to start thinking about my future education which can be scary but also really exciting! Multiple colleges have come to do presentations here at St. Mary's  and my mom and I drove up to Tacoma to visit Puget Sound this weekend which really set the stage for my search for a college fit for me!

I've also been doing some fun activities outside of school. I play on a co-ed rec soccer team which I absolutely love because it gives me a chance to see some of my old friends who I don't go to school with. It's been a busy couple of weeks for the Marian singers as we are preparing for our first couple of performances this week. We are singing at the Founders’ Day mass on Friday and at the Open House this Sunday (October 20th).  Feel free to stop in between 1 and 4pm!

This year has started out great and I am looking forward to upcoming highlights such as the junior Encounter and future Marian gigs!