Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Happy New Year!


These last couple of weeks have been crazy to say the least. After a relaxing couple of weeks of break we were thrown into the craziness that is finals week. Although stressful, I made it through finals alive and fairly unscathed. It always impresses me how helpful friends and family can be during this week and it always ends up being not as terrifying as it is built up to be.

That being said, I was extremely thankful for the three day weekend that followed. Thanks to the semester ending, I was completely free of homework and enjoyed the few days of relaxation. The first day of the weekend was Winter Formal. This is my favorite school dance of the year (I've never been to Prom but I assume it's pretty great too) and this was my third year going. I went with a group of friends and we had great time dancing and singing at the top of our lungs, which was followed by a movie night and an abundance of chocolate cake when we returned home for a sleepover.

Third quarter also means the start of the Winter Musical. This year's production is Beauty and the Beast which I was ecstatic about to say the least. Growing up, Beauty and the Beast was always my favorite Disney movie and I was Belle for halloween on more than one occasion. I pride myself on having practically the entire movie memorized. Although we have only been rehearsing for about two weeks I am already having a blast and am so excited for people to see the show!
Me and some friends before Winter Formal!