Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hello everyone!

These past couple of weeks have been very exciting but also very busy! Last week I went to Food for Thought, an annual luncheon to raise money to support students who need financial aid. All of the Marian singers had the opportunity to leave school early and walk down to the Hilton to sing at this event. It was great to perform for so many generous benefactors.

Fall encounter, a three day retreat for the juniors, was this past weekend. I did not go this time, but I am going in the spring. I have heard from so many friends that it was an amazing experience and that you learn so much about yourself and become closer with classmates. I am so excited to go in February! The remainder of the Juniors who stayed behind had a couple days of relaxing classes.

Second quarter of Junior year has already proved itself to be more difficult than the first. I am very busy with school work and with outside activities. In the middle of all this work, having our annual movie day was quite a relief. Movie Day is a reward for raising money for our Blues Bridgewalk fundraiser. All the students who meet their goal get bussed out to the Hollywood movie theater to watch some films! This year I saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off (a long time favorite of mine) and Monsters University. It was so fun to take some time off from school to relax and hang out with friends while watch movies!

With Thanksgiving just a week away I have a lot to look forward too. We always host Thanksgiving at my house and I have tons of family and friends coming over to celebrate the holiday!

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the remainder of November!