Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hello everyone!

This week has been pretty relaxing for me thanks to conferences. Teachers are busy preparing to meet with our parents while the students get three half days! They don't call it "No-School-November" for nothing! Although the work load is less this week it was a bit of a scramble to make sure everything was in order for the end of first quarter.

Another exciting event coming up for St. Mary's is the annual Food for Thought Luncheon. This event raises money for the 41% of students who receive financial aid here at SMA! I'm lucky enough to get to go sing at this awesome lunch with the Marians! Recently the Marian singers performed at the Mount Hood Conference Treble festival which was held in the St. Mary's auditorium. This festival is a great opportunity to hear other all female choirs perform from around the district and is a great learning experience!

St. Mary's fall play, Twelve Angry Women, was performed a couple weeks a go. I saw it with a few friends on it's second night and we absolutely loved it! It was acted excellently and kept me on the edge of my seat. I hope you all had the opportunity to see it but if not, don't worry! There are two more opportunities to experience SMA theater. The winter Musical this year is Beauty and the Beast (my favorite Disney movie!) and in the Spring we have our One Act festival which includes plays that are written, acted, directed, and produced by students.

I hope you all are having a great November!